Friday, May 21, 2010

Spring International Quilt Market


Mom and I (i.e. Delphine and Katrina) are in Minneapolis for the Spring International Quilt Market.  So far, it's been awesome :)  Today was the Schoolhouse Series.  It's a series of classes that runs from 10am to 6pm (it was a long day).  It's really cool, though.  The classes are 15 or 30 minutes long, and there are several offered during each session, so you get to pick and choose what you want to sit in on.  A lot of them give away free gifts and door prizes, so that's fun, even though I didn't win anything.  I got to see some great new fabrics and ideas.  I also went to a few classes on using websites and blogs and stuff, so I have tons of new information to apply.  I wish I had had my laptop with me in the classes; then I could have made the updates I wanted to right then, since I'm a little too tired to do it now, or I just know that it would be a really good idea to go to sleep soon, even if I do have a whole bunch of things I want to do :P

Here are some pictures from today:

This first one is just a cool church we walked past on our way to the convention center today.  Doesn't it look like something out of the Lord of the Rings?
 
These next two are from a presentation by Renee Nanneman of her new fabric line for Andover.  She had some spectacular samples.  I'm hoping to get better pictures of them tomorrow.

I sat in on a presentation by Ricky Tims, too.  I absolutely LOVE this new line!  It's called "Oodles of Doodles," since he made it by doodling with a sharpie on some white paper, then photoshopping his hand-dyed fabrics into the blank spaces.  I think it's very cool.  I especially like the stripe fabric, but I don't have a picture of it.  I got a free kit for a Kool Kaleidoscope, and I think it's going to be very cool.  If you don't really like the bold, bright colors here, he has this line in another color way.  The lines in that one are white, and the colors are pastels.  I like it.

This is a new line by Lizzy House for Andover.  I really like it.  It's called "Castle Peeps."  I think it's a lot of fun.  Lizzy was fun to listen to, too.  Her background is in theater, and she can't be too much older than me.

Tonight was Sample Spree.  It's a chance for shop owners to get some good deals on new fabrics and other fun stuff.  We got lots of good stuff :)  I took this picture while I was sitting on the floor and taking a short break.  I'll be posting pictures of some of our great finds later.  I'm getting tired.  I'll be doing several more posts about the Quilt Market, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again soon.