Monday, June 21, 2010

Baskets, Dolls, and Stockings :)


My goodness, we just keep getting new things in.  It's like Christmas every day here :)

Today we got a few new fabrics from Michael Miller.  They're designed by the modkid people (the ones who designed the doll patterns I talked about earlier).  I am really thoroughly impressed with their products.  We got a panel with three different dolls on it that you can cut out, sew together, and stuff.  I am just so impressed by that panel.  I just cut it, and it is one of the best panels I have ever cut.  The first and last panels on the bolt were cut right on the line, so we didn't wind up with half of a panel or something, and the panels were perfectly lined up with each other on each side of the fold, so I could actually cut them apart with a rotary cutter!  If you've ever cut panels off of a bolt, you know they're notorious for not lining up, so you have to cut them with scissors, and the first or last panels are sometimes incomplete.  I just can't get over how great this panel is!  I couldn't take a picture of the whole thing without standing on a chair, so I just took a picture of each doll.



In this last picture, you can see the instructions for making the dolls.  Just like the clothing patterns, they're incredibly well written.


At Quilt Market, we saw these dolls dressed up and incorporated into a quilt top.  It was really cute.  We did get two bolts that coordinate with the panel.  I get to play with the panel and make some samples :)  Tomorrow's my day off, so I'm going to make some dolls, make my dirndl block, and modify another modkids pattern to make a dirndl for my American Girl doll (everyone at the store needs to have an Alpenfest outfit, so I think that includes her).

Moving on to the baskets and stockings I mentioned (actually, there's only one basket), Jan Bonarski brought in some adorable Texture Magic samples made out of some of our Christmas fabrics.  Didn't she do a great job?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again soon.