Sunday, May 22, 2011

Backstreet Quilt Shop and SandStorms Glass

We happen to be friends with the owners of a quiltshop downstate, and a glass jewelry artist.  They're here at the show with us too, so I thought I'd share some pictures from their booth.  The quilt shop is the Backstreet Quilt Shop in Elkton (www.backstreetquiltshop.com).  I don't think I've ever gotten to visit it, actually.  If it's anything like their booth, though, I'm sure it's adorable!  They're such great people, too. 


If you've seen the handwoven baskets we have at our shop, they have some as well.  We sometimes split our basket orders, and we sometimes split fabric orders, too.   The baskets are made in Ghana as part of a fair trade group that helps women with employment and helps to alleviate poverty.








Jody makes beautiful glass jewelry!  If you want to see some really great pictures, go to her website (http://sandstormsglass.com/).  We also have some of her work at our shop.











I love the fish.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again soon.