Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It runs in the family...

I just thought I'd point out that Mom and I are not the only artists in the family.  We've been in Colorado this week, staying with my brother and sister-in-law, and my brother makes some pretty amazing WWII dioramas.  This is his latest one.  Granted, this is a slightly different subject matter than you normally see on quilting blogs, but it's pretty impressive.  The detail is amazing; the people in this are only about an inch and a half or two inches tall (I didn't actually measure them).








My sister-in-law also likes sewing and crocheting (and she's been on here before for her lunchbags: http://delphinesquiltshop.blogspot.com/2011/08/lunch-bags.html).  She just made some little birds :)  The big one is made from a couple of fabrics in a Robert Kaufman jelly roll we have.



1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again soon.